Monday, March 26, 2007

More playing with APIs

I've been playing with APIs lately, actually using my Mac for more than reading email/IM/RSS which was partly the point of buying it in the first place.

First up was a simple Twitter pull of friends timeline into Geektool, then found it's been done, and better you might say by people using Ruby (I haven't even started that yet!)

Just now I got my todos from Stikkit onto the desktop, very easy mostly due to the exceptionally easy to use and modular API the folks at Values of n have provided, in my limited experience of using them so far it's very good.

I'm keeping it simple and using curl mostly and formatting output as required with awk or sed

still it's good fun, it's sparking my interest in coding at last, lots more to learn though


update, found a Applescript update from Buffington to enable growl notification when stikkits are posted through Quicksilver so I copied it and pasted it in to the Tweet one and now I get a notification if it gets posted, not sure how well it error checks, if at all but I like it so far (and I know if tweets get there as twitterific tells me!)


[composed and posted with ecto]


Technorati Tags: , ,